Center Store Grocery Manager
Starting Up To: $21.50/hr (with experience)
Calling all Foodies! Don’t romaine calm, Busch’s is HIRING! Do you love food, fun and people? Are you looking for growth, development and excellent wages? We could make the perfect pear!
Our industry is ever changing and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about food and people. We are a family-owned, Michigan based company that is heavily rooted in the communities we serve. Busch’s offers its employees benefits such as employee discounts, medical benefits including dental and optical, 401K with company match (restrictions apply) and even tuition reimbursement for qualifying students!
- Accountable for placing all grocery orders
- Accountable for following backroom inventory procedures.
- Achieve department sales and financial objectives.
- Accountable for all display planning.
- Write weekly schedules for all center store associates.
- Ensure timely completion of all price changes, tag maintenance and new and discontinued item procedures.
- Ensure all products are stocked according to the plan-o-gram.
- Accountable for product rotation to minimize out of date product.
- Complete and administer reviews for center store associates.
- Interview, hire, train and develop center store associates.
- Plan for and assist with resets of department and physical inventories (3 times yearly).
- Manage stocking efficiencies, shelf maintenance/cleaning, backroom conditions and floor maintenance standards.
- Assist guests with product recommendations and locations, product requests and special orders.
- Exemplify key concepts of hospitality when interacting with guests.
- Provide solid leadership and guidance to direct reports.
- Contribute to organizational effectiveness by offering information, suggestions and recommendations.
- Communicate and work with other functional areas of Busch’s operations.
- Adhere to all Busch’s policies, practices and procedures.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by completing educational opportunities, reviewing professional publications, benchmarking state of the art practices and networking.
- Build strong working relationships with guests, vendors and associates.
Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma, Bachelor degree preferred
- 3 years experience working in a grocery department, previous management experience desired
- Certification for Hi Lo / Powered Pallet Jack (in order to teach subordinates)
- Proficient merchandising skills, including the ability to plan and execute center store displays designed to drive profit, create interest, perceived value and suggest meal solutions
- Able to forecast product demand and place orders to meet demand
- Proficient management and leadership skills.
- Proficient organization and planning skills, especially to manage multiple deadlines and projects.
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills, including written, verbal and listening skills.
- Proficient computer skills in excel, word and email. Able to learn and use a variety of proprietary applications and technology.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
Busch’s is a family owned premier grocery retailer with multiple stores in Southeast Michigan. We are consistently recognized by our guests as an industry leader when it comes to service, product selection, store design and overall atmosphere. You can take pride in being a member of the Busch’s family and working in an environment where we truly care about our guests and the products we serve. We also take great care of the associates that take care of our guests. At Busch’s, we realize that without caring, motivated and personable associates, there would be no guests to serve.